This is live footage of what might be the most popular Guante & Big Cats song so far, "No Capes." It's about the mythology of heroism and the very real power we all hold. Thanks again to Patrick/PCP for the footage (he also just released a beat CD). Video below, and you can hear/buy the studio version here.
2. Feature in the Star Tribune and Millwind
Here's an article about me from Chris R. at the Strib that focuses on the new album and on the various social justice-oriented stuff I do, including Hip Hop Against Homophobia. And here's an interview with me in Millwind focusing on art and business-- marketing, budgeting, etc.
3. Guante & Big Cats' "Winter is Coming" featured on compilation
UK-based indie label Choose My Music Records just released a free compilation based on some of the music they've featured on their blog. Included is our track "Winter is Coming," which is one of my favorite songs of ours. A whole bunch of other music too. Check it out here.
4. Addendum to last week's post
Got a ton of positive responses to last week's resource-dump "Six Things I Wish I Knew When I Was Getting Started as an Artist" post. Someone asked me to share some thoughts on performing live, so I added even more to it; check it out at the link above. If I missed anything, leave a comment.
5. New music from friends
I have lots of artist friends, many of whom are still likely under your radar; you should check them out.
- My frequent collaborator See More Perspective just released "Brain Freeze," the second in a series of seasonal EPs.
- Dem Atlas just released the "Charle Brwn" EP. This kid is a star. We have a suite of songs together that will be released this Spring sometime too.
- Kaoz just released "EnterSextions Vol. 1." You may know him from the Hip Hop Against Homophobia shows we've been doing. More on the horizon.
- Unfuh Qwittable of Audio Perm just released "The Third Shift" EP. One of my favorite young MCs; super unique style.
- Also, this one has been out for a minute, but be sure to check out Irenic's "Wisdom Teeth: The Art of Pulling Roots."
6. Bring Me to Your City
I've updated the booking info section of this website. Spring is already pretty full, but let's start talking about Fall, especially if you have connections at a college or university. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, lots of big stuff on the horizon. Thanks for the support.